Kage Kaisen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Kage Kaisen Revival!

January 19th 2010, 6:45 pm by Kensei

.SITE RENOVATION.

To all our members,

I (Kensei), have decided to renovate the site, which has remained dead since our head Administrator, Baraku, went absent. There will be a new set of rules, a new skin, new profile formats...

Basically, we're starting the site over.

But don't be alarmed. For those of you who choose to return, you will not have to rewrite your application, or change it to the present system. Your applications are still there, resting in the Filing Cabinet -- feel free and ask the Staff to repost it if it has already been approved, or ask them to read over the application and approve it, then move it to the Approved sub-boards.

If you do not wish to roleplay on the site any longer, or the renovation does not appeal to you, all you have to do is tell the Staff in a PM ; your account will be removed without any questions.

We apologize for any inconveniences, and thank you all for your patience and cooperation.

Your loving (new) head Admin,
Kensei

[ Full reading ]

Comments: 0

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on March 3rd 2011, 1:01 pm
Statistics
We have 139 registered users
The newest registered user is kurmivishal

Our users have posted a total of 4963 messages in 907 subjects

technique/ability list.

2 posters

Go down

technique/ability list. Empty technique/ability list.

Post by MitchMorphine April 3rd 2009, 2:45 am

Ok so basically i have come up with some techniques concerning my zanpaktou that im going to list now so that even though there not technically "abilities" (well maybe one or two)
then if they overstep any boundaries i can tweak them before officially moving them to the character bio im making on my captains thread. (then probably deleting thing post and putting a link to my character bio in my sig)

Ok. oh and ps all the american names are going to be translated into japanese in my bio.

1. starving disks. (shikai and above)
think disks of spinning air that slice through the air
(something looking akin the a "air" version of krillins destructo disk)
named for its attribute to suck in whatever element its flying through adding it ontu itself. (Except earth, light, darkness) has to be something tangible. (again xcept earth)

2. moon blades. (shikai and above)
a cutting blade in the shape of a reverse C. that appears in the void after i swing my blade. doesnt not spin, flys in s straight line. can be fired at a high rate as i spin twist and twirl my weapon.

3.six storms. (bankai)
balancing my naginata on some body part (arm, shoulder) the wind in my foreams and shins connect with that of my blades allowing me to spin and strike with my weapon without needing to use my hands. ei good for close courters combat.

4. whirlwinds. (shikai and above)
whirlwinds can be made in various ways. different and more direct ways cause a more powerfull whirlind. often the whirlwinds are full of "moon blades" and cut and tear wahcts inside them. i can control how wide or narrow they are.

5. winding point. (Shikai and above)
very narrow whirlwinds that whips around. the end of the whirling comming to a sharp point and spinning like a drill.

6. Voids.(shikai and above)
a general term for a general technique. a technique that cause the wind and air to rapidily leave an area through a sweeping or stabbing motion from my weapons. causing a powerfull suction. can be used to blow away weak enemies to the sides or disrupt the form of a stronger enemy. this technique makes most wind attacks and attacks that use wind obsolete. cannot the used of long distances. ( this was used in my shot of red fire combo technique to control the direction of the released force )

MitchMorphine

Stats
Race :
Kon : 0 魂

Back to top Go down

technique/ability list. Empty Re: technique/ability list.

Post by Monty2289 April 3rd 2009, 3:55 am

Unless their being counted as other abilities most of these are abilities of your zanpakuto not youre character's abilities. They need to be listed as additional effects. Also not to be so harsh but they all sounds like random air effects that goes beyond the term "technique" to use them.

These all sound like generic "air" abilities with one sentence explanations and they could use some type of uniqueness. I listed the "abilities" of my zanpakuto here. The additional ones but I did make sure to place them along into my app.
Monty2289
Monty2289

Stats
Race : Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchMorphine April 3rd 2009, 8:54 am

well for one your splitting hairs, My zanpaktou's abilities are my abilities.
unless your trying to say that for example, the motion of cutting is a ability of a knife. needless to say though i dont see how that matters in the least.

secondly i was only trying to incorporate different ways to use my zankpatou's already established ability in methods to create different outcomes. so yes in that sense id consider some of the "techniques"

as for the few who dont however. which i can only think of 1. im sure i can chalk up to my zanpaktou's abilitlies seeing as currently it has 2 of the allowed 5-10

although perhaps ill need you to explain how the the other 4 dont adhere the the pre-approved ability of " fiercely control/manipulate the air and wind "

ps. why did you put quotation marks around air? lol

MitchMorphine

Stats
Race :

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty2289 April 3rd 2009, 9:02 am

Yeah...I get what you're saying but none of your explainations are alluding to your zanpakuto's abilities. Such as When using said ability, I can do *insert what ever action is* to *insert result from the action here*

Also I put a quote around "air" though it should have been "generic air". Because Air powers are the most idiomized power in all of anime and manga. XD.

If you don't know then ask Haruki Ichikawa. He's all about wind. Very Happy
Monty2289
Monty2289

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchMorphine April 3rd 2009, 10:42 am

can i have a better example of a move that isn't a derivative of my zanpaktou's abilities so perhaps i can explain?

MitchMorphine

Stats
Race :

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty2289 April 3rd 2009, 10:45 am

I didn't say that they weren't okay I just said you need to define them better. Preferable the abilities that each move relates to since they just sound like out out place random air attacks.

Also you can look at the non-update ability app. for my character. I mean their just regular abilities. It's not like you need abilities that branch off from your zanpakuto. Surprised
Monty2289
Monty2289

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchMorphine April 4th 2009, 5:05 am

1. Starving disks
one to two thinly made wind disks that rotate at high speed like a buzzsaw.
this technique is used during bankai and always thrown from the palms of the hand/hands due to the fact that it is katsu's forearm guards ability to manipulate the wind that is used to create them. the sharp rotation of the attack combined with the spirit pressure inside of the technique creates the unique effect of actually sucking into itself whatever is in its immediate vicinity, even more air as it travels, causing it to become denser.and as it sucks , it is also able to bring into itself fire/water and other smaller attacks. adding it onto itself to either before more powerful or to simply cut through and disperse a enemies attack.

ok was that any better monty my man?
we gotta do this until every-things perfect mr mod ahahaha

MitchMorphine

Stats
Race :

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty2289 April 4th 2009, 5:11 am

*sigh* Forgive me for a sec. but why does everyone assume I'm being harsh? I'm just doing my job. What would be the point of having an application/rules mod if everything is going to get approved the instant they are typed. So its not like I ask for perfection. I'm just asking that certain criteria be met before I approve anything. And I did spell it out for you. Just add more detail and refer back to the actual abilities of your zanpakuto for the abilities you created here. For instance. I have several branch off effects of my zanpakuto and I mentioned (in my app.) each of the ACTUAL abilities those effects come from. Also mind you my actual abilities have nothing to do with my zanpakuto. (i.e. Double Kido Performance, Limiter Casting)

In any case its approved :/
Monty2289
Monty2289

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchMorphine April 4th 2009, 5:26 am

lol its ok *pat pat* in the future ill try to be more detailed xD
if you have everyone putting whaever popper into there little head there would be confusion and chaos on the battlefield
but the way you worded it sometimes isnt the most direct, like for intense i couldnt tell if by what you said there was still something wrong with it and you were just approving anyway or you were satisfied that/if i met with your expressed requirements fully.

MitchMorphine

Stats
Race :

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty2289 April 4th 2009, 5:30 am

I word things directly just in a long displacement. I'm just kind of offended now by the some what sarcastic views of how people think that I'm running the site. Including the rep system. Yeah numbers are stupid but to look in the corner and see a negative number ticks me off some what. Which is why I removed it ^^; I don't have the notions of doing anything to serious or whatever but the rep system is just not cool at all. (If someone hates you/disapprove of stuff you do I'd rather them say it to my face Surprised )
Monty2289
Monty2289

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchMorphine April 4th 2009, 5:33 am

lol i understand that. ( id just for the record i only voted you down once as a test of the rep system =P ) but i honestly do appreciate the fact that your stringent with everyone. its a good thing as a hole. i better get going though. ill be on later man.
Ps. i also wasnt clear weather you were saying to explain how it relates to my zanpaktou ability or saying that it doesnt period. but im off!

MitchMorphine

Stats
Race :

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty2289 April 4th 2009, 5:37 am

Oh....Well then if that's the case all of the abilities are ok. They just sounded like abilities that has do with variating the use your zanpakuto. In which case they needed to be added as other abilities to your weapon app. OR don't list them at all. (Since techniques don't have to be listed.....you just use their effects in battle) However it would be nice to know where these abilities stem from if they have nothing to do with your zanpakuto. Some type of kido?
Monty2289
Monty2289

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchMorphine April 5th 2009, 8:55 am

Name: Power synch.
Race: shinigami.
Power Level: Bankai ( katsu exlusive )

Effect:All of the energy used by my zanpaktou uses for all other abilities is changed, focusing its power directly into my body. its energy culminated and fusing with his own reiatsu which unlike most who let there energy escape somewhat while they power up or attack, it is focused into and becomes a part of the muscles in his body. not disappearing after one attack.
this technique lasts for 10 post and increases katsus reiatsu and other respective stats by 5x.
requires no preperation.
the user is serounded by a shining white aura that conforms tightly over the skin, shining even from the eyes.
this aura is a wall of pure reiatsu that decreases damage from any attack to 25% of normal.

Description: Power synch is only used during my bankai.
the middle three shaku of my naginate start glowing as the power of my weapons builds up before they shatter. the pieces of my weapons energy culminate into my body, my once naginata is now two swords with abnormally long hilts. (the hilts still showing the imagine of the dragon. the using shining on a aura of pure white energy, emitted even from the eyes.

Drawbacks: Katsu Loses all other abilities of his zanpaktou, (respectively losing the x2 speed increase and 1.5X str increase) katsu Cannot perform any kido while in this state. his zanpaktou is forced into a sealed state and usually katsu faints for several hours after this technique while his body recuperates after this technique is finished.

MitchMorphine

Stats
Race :

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty2289 April 5th 2009, 12:44 pm

Okay I'm going to formally discuss everything wrong with this. And I needed to take my mind off of it because I was talking in chat all day and I didn't feel like complicating my already set in boardom with heavy thinking.

You seem to don't understand Stats nor the point of the weapon application at all yet you claim you do. And honestly you don't. I'm just doing my job so either accept it or don't and hate me. (Going back to good old abrasive mode Monty now)

This is an ABILITY APPLICATION. None of your abilities should apply to a weapon nor should they apply to your zanpakuto. You mention your zanpakuto fluently so you can't say none of the techniques you're claiming have nothing to do with it. Any ability having to do with your weapon is considered your zanpakuto's ABILITY and does not need a completely individual application.

I do the same for my abilities but I go on to put them into my Weapon app. Just to close anything about that as a counter argument.

This recent technique has a very very weird and oddly worded. Starting from the first sentence. I understand that fast typing plus internet speech is normally misconscrewed, but this site stresses some decent explaination and role-play dialogue--- not just stuff that's put together and just because you understand it, it doesn't mean moderators should.

Now not counting what I just said: From what I can understand. For anyone who doesn't know this now. I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY BASE STAT MULTIPLICATION EFFECT WHOSE MULTIPLICATION VALUE IS ANYWHERE NEAR THAT OF THE NUMBER OF SHIKAI...MUCH LESS BANKAI This precident indicates the number for Ressurecion as Quincy Final Forms. (Which ever number applies to their releases)

Shikai's base stat raising number is at 2.5. Your Shikai is your normal reiatsu stat times by that amount. To say that you have a raising effect that excedes that number is absurb. (You basically have power equal to that of a release) This is why stat mulitiplication numbers will only be anywhere lower than 2.0. It can be 1.9 for all I care. As long as it isn't 2.0 or higher.

This form of your bankai mind you is part of your weapon application IT IS NOT some ability since it ties in with your weapon so exclusively.

No offense but this seems like a rip off of Kyokugouryuu Gohoshigore in technique form (which it really isn't since it has to do with the weapon as an ability)

In the end I recommend that you just pick a PROPER stat increasing number and then multiple that number times your base stat. What ever numberical increases you gain. You split that number among your strength speed and endurance. You're being confusing when you're talking about a 5x BASE Increase. That NUMBER has to be applied to your individual stats regardless. But then you go on to talk about a 1.5x increased strength and speed is cut in half. YOU DON'T NEED THOSE MULTIPLICATIONS. You just need to add exact numbers.

(Like if from your base stat you get like 3000 extra points. Add those numbers to your strength speed and stamina. If your speed goes down then just divide your original speed and DON'T ADD anything to that stat. Just split that 3000 among strength and stamina or just give it all to strength if you want. NOTE THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE)

Finally...This apparently is a defensive ability from the first few points of explaination. Your description talks about montary changes in your zanpakuto but like I said. If it has anything to do with it. This is YOUR zanpakuto's ability...not an individual one (Even if the explaination is just in the description) The whole lowering the strength of any attack is okay but the percentage isn't. 25% is a number that effectively lowers the class of any attack by making it lose a 4th of strength. That is borderline godmod.

And that's it. I can't apologize for anything because as the Rules/App. Mod you have to go through me and if you want to take a shortcut may I suggest Baraku City. Only his word of law can change anything that I've said. But you'd have to actually sit down and think about the stuff your wrote because no matter how much sense you think that it makes...no site mod would approve this. That is the only thing that I'm truly sorry for.
Monty2289
Monty2289

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by MitchMorphine April 5th 2009, 4:28 pm

the only couple things that irk me, i honestly really dont care that this was approved or not. albeit though you think i dont have a full understanding which i do.

now im going to tackle these issues as the appear.
Firstly Im sorry i didnt realize "ability" application was confined to personal character abilities. I never considered this a "technique" i simply did not know were to apply for this ability, and darn me for assuming it was in the "ability" thread lol.

secondly,
"No offense but this seems like a rip off of Kyokugouryuu Gohoshigore in technique form (which it really isn't since it has to do with the weapon as an ability)"

you see no way that you say that it actually Is going to be offensive (go figure eh?)
especially when this is actually the second time you accused me of stealing... "your ideas"...
both of which id like to point out were preconceived well before i joined this site and can give you links if you like.
which i wouldnt do anyway, even if your zanpaktou is apparently "stronger"stronger then mine and apparently it takes two captains for you to be able to go "all out"
(and yes those are your quotes =D)

thirdly
The 1.5x and 2x increase to my str and speed were Only, Only brought up so that you would understand why i didnt think in my opinion my technique wouldnt be worth it anymore since i would LOse THem.

4th. if im saying that my reiatsu is increased by a certain amount (x2, x3, x4 ect ect)
then im not understanding how that doesnt make my other stats follow suit.
for example.

your reiatsu

Reiatsu: 500
Strength: 180
Speed: 165
Endurance: 155

Now this is what happens when we increase the reiatsu output by 2.5

Reiatsu- 1250
Strength- 450
Speed- 500
Endurance- 300

and this is what would happen if we increase "all the base stats by 2.5"

Reiatsu- 1250
Strength- 450
Speed- 500
Endurance- 300

as u can see. which has been my whole point.
there kindaa...exactly the same.
so my question has been and still is, whats the difference?

especially since in your beloved "Hitomi Gohoshigore's"
you describe its affect as "This merge of energy raises Haruki's Natural output of reiatsu by a factor of 1.7x"
the only difference is that my stats went up by that exact same number instead of putting more in str then in speed from the reiatsu increase
(ps. until just now i never really read the description of that technique until now and had actually pictured you still as a big dragon until now lol. )

MitchMorphine

Stats
Race :

Back to top Go down

Post by Monty2289 April 5th 2009, 8:14 pm

Again you didn't understand because there is a difference.

You do know individual stats can be raised right. We talked about this the entire time and there some abilities where only speed strength or stamina. You have some abilities that do that.

I SAID NATRUAL OUTPUT. BY THAT I WAS REFERING TO MY BASE REIATSU STAT. That doesn't mean I have to have an ability that applies to it over all. You mentioned your base reiatsu being increased....then you mentioned 1.5 times more strength and then speed cut in half. I'lll say it again: YOU DON'T NEED THAT MULTIPLICATIVE DESCRIPTION.

Also in your little example. You didn't explain anything. You just wrote the same thing in the example twice

I can deal without the sarcasm by the way because everyone is familar with the fact that this is an ability app. I probably wouldn't really care if it wasn't written here if it wasn't so ridiculous in explaination.

You didn't prove a point you just wrote an example with no property as in to what you mean.

In any case this will NOT continue as a discussion. It will continue when we get a higher value of opinion and that's Baraku ONLY. However if you come up with a reasonable stat increase number (1.9 or less) and do something about the 25% draining effect of your ability. Then yes....I'll approve it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not trying to be a downer. At this point you're only yammering instead of fixing the problem and in the end wouldn't it be better to do that. I'm telling you the stuff that needs to be fixed.

-----------------------------------------
Side Notes: You state it takes me two captains to go all out. I'm afraid you're mistaken. Infact I'm pretty sure if that battle went on I would have lost. I don't think you should use this particular example as to side track or allude from YOUR ABILITY being the actual problem. I only stated that I haven't faced a captain with any of these ability. Also not only that. I haven't used any of them anyway. Considering the state the fight's in right now...you have a zanpakuto who's shikai is more powerful than mine. So I wouldn't assume instantly that I'm being vain when its obvious that I'm not.
Monty2289
Monty2289

Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down